Lakeside Home And
Note: Effective for 2022, there will be NO short term cottage seasonal services offered. Minimum rental terms of 6 months or longer, ONLY!
Rental Assistance & Services Provided:
Marketing Your Property
Marketing your property will commence and we will use all sources to promote the property which will be designed to target all prospective renters for either your seasonal weekly cottage rental or residential long term property using all effective means .
1. Signage will be used if we have your permission to place a sign at the rental
2. Newspaper Ads in any local newspapers will be used
3. Internet advertising, in addition to our own website, your rental will be posted on any available sites that offer advertising of rental properties
Application & Tenancy/Rental Contracts for Long Term & Seasonal Properties
1. Renter/Tenant Screening Services : Seasonal & Long Term rental applications will be carefully screened , with consideration for all long term rentals providing financial information, a good tenant history report with past landlords, employment verification, income proof, references provided
2. Tenancy Agreements will be drawn up for long term rentals, with added addendums pertaining to each property, rental contracts will be required for all seasonal rentals
3. Tenant Liability Insurance is required of all long term renters, and we do require proof of such information prior to occupancy
4. Tenant Utility responsibility, for all long term rentals we do require on those rentals that the utilities are in addition to the rent, proof of those being in the applicants name prior to occupancy
5. Move in /Move out inspections, a move in inspection is conducted on the rental property prior to and tenant/renter taking possession and a move out inspection is completed on termination of tenancy, that includes digital pictures
6. Keys are collected from the renter/tenant upon termination
7. For all on going tenant/renter monthly management, we collect the monthly rent, we do offer to the renter’s options & methods of payments. Unless otherwise specified within the tenancy or rental contract, all rental payments are due on the 1st day of each month.Owners have the option to have the net proceeds mailed to them or directly deposited into their bank account each month.
Monthly Ongoing Management Fees:
For all long term monthly management, the fees are based on the number of adult renters/tenants occupying the rental, $95.00 per renter, or $115.00 for a couple.Included within the monthly management is the following:
1. Collecting the monthly rent owing
2. Dealing with any emergency maintenance issue and/or repairs required
3. Inspections during tenancy
4. Any tenant/renter situation that might come up
5. Any legal notices/letters that have to be sent to the tenants/renters during tenancy
6. Any correspondence during the month with tenants/renters , i.e. email or phone conversations Fees Charged for Re-Renting of Long Term Rentals:For any long term residential rental, the fee is equal to 45% of the gross monthly rent plus any expenses unless otherwise agreed upon between the client(s) and the company
Included within the Rental Fees:
1. Marketing & Advertising
2. Qualifying applicants
3. Arranging for the property to be shown
4. Collecting all applications, whatever is required by the tenants/renters to provide
5. Collecting any rent due, first & last
6. Meeting with the tenants/renters to get signatures on tenancy papers
7. Conducting the move in inspection
8. Turning over the property key to the tenants/renters on occupancy date
Fees Charged for the Seasonal Cottage Rentals:
*For 2022, there are NO short term weekly seasonal cottage services available, to include cleaning. Minimum rental term of 6 months per tenancy agreement ONLY.
The fees charged for the weekly seasonal cottage rentals would be 14.95% of the gross weekly rent charged unless otherwise a different amount is agreed upon between cottage owner and the company.Services that would require additional fees:
1. Quotes on renovations & repairs
2. Maintenance home/cottage inspections
3. Vacant winter home/cottage inspections
5. Repairs & Regular Maintenance
7. Lawn Care & Snow Removal
8. Legal work required
We can arrange for licensed contractors and/or a handyman to provide a quote on repairs & any home/cottage improvements to protect your real estate investment.We do recommend that you consider updates and repairs on your home/cottage which can maximize the value of your property and could yield a higher rental market amount.Prior to showing any rental property we require that all necessary cleaning, repairs and yard work be completed to keep the property looking at its best. In the winter, we suggest that any sidewalks, driveways be kept clear of snow & ice.
Cottage Renters: Cancellation Policy - On all pre-booked weekly cottage rentals, with a paid damage & booking fee, if cancellation is within 30 days of booking date and no replacement of cottage renters for the booked week, a fee of $285.00 will be charged to the pre-booked cottage renter(s)
Start – Up Requirements:
Once an agreement has been signed, we will require the following:
1. Copy of any “House Rules" pertaining to the home or cottage and the same copy should be made available at the property for any tenants/renters.
2. Keys to all doors, gates, mailboxes (if applicable), garage door openers and alarm system codes (if applicable)
3. Any information regarding the rental property
4. On any long term rental/management contracts a deposit would be required with the agreement which would be applied towards any initial expenses, first invoice, on the rental property, the amount would be $275.00.
RENTAL CONSULTANT SERVICES - CONSULTING & ASSISTING WITH LANDLORDS/OWNERS OF HOMES & COTTAGES IN THE RENTING PROCEDURES OF THEIR OWN PROPERTIES!!!
Having over 25 years of personal experience in the landlord/tenant area we can provide owners with all the information and tools to successfully locate, screen prospective tenants/renters, and secure reliable renters for their home/cottage without spending all the profits from any potential rental income
Outlining a personal plan of action for owners to follow when renting their own home/cottage that will be beneficial to their success in being a landlord
Detailing & consulting with owners on property requirements prior to proceeding with any rental contract with a potential tenant/renter
Assisting owners with potential leads for their rental home/cottage
Providing a means of promoting their property for rent
Assisting owners with the creation of their own personal application/rental forms, addendums which tenants/renters will be required to complete
Providing the tools to decrease property damages at the home/cottage rental property
Consulting with owners on repairs/maintenance required at the rental property
Providing owners with legal information for tenant matters
Consulting with owners of rental homes/cottages on setting up schedules for regular routine inspections required at the property during the time period of property occupancy
Fees for the above rental consultant services will vary depending on the amount of consulting time spent & involvement required to successfully assist an owner in renting their own property. The maximum amount for the above complete rental consulting service for homes would be $575.00. A maximum amount for any cottage rental consulting service would depend on whether it is a seasonal or a year-round rental property.
House Security Checks Offered for Vacationers & Snowbirds!
Provided to owners with homes/cottages who leave for vacations or away for an extended period of time.. Most insurance companies require the home to be checked on a regular basis , frequency of the house checks will vary with each insurance company.
What is Provided with this service offered:Complete walk through of the house on each visit - check house at different times each visit Plant watering ( if applicable )Turn on/off lights Check all taps in the house Open/close blinds/shades Flush all toilets Bring in Mail/Papers, etc if applicable Check heating system/furnace ( in winter especially )Spring/summer - make sure grass is cut - line up contractor if needed Winter - make sure driveway/town sidewalk cleared if required, line up contractor We can provide any other service at the property if not listed above.
Fees charged:1-4 Visits - $70.00 per visit plus any taxes applicable*5-9 Visits - $62.00 per visit plus any taxes applicable*15 Visits Plus $57.00 per visit plus any taxes applicable*
Monthly, 1-3 months , $465.00 , Jan 15th to March 31st, additional surcharge $59.00 per visit
Insured & Bonded. Above services currently offered for Kincardine, Point Clark, Bervie & Lucknow areas.
*Above rates in effect from October 15th, 2017
To all cottage owners, on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or one time only basis beginning the week of May 25th , 2018, a 2 hour minimum, cleaning services must be booked in advance of 21 days prior to when services required to qualify for the special rate of $75.00 minimum of 2 hours, otherwise the service charge for bookings on short notice will be $85.00 payable in advance and each additional hour invoiced at $30.00 per hour.
Quotes to be provided on all work over $150.00, for cost on all work required please provide details to the company by email to , firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawn Care Services
Seasonal from May to October 2019, quotes can be provided on all lawn care services. Fees start at $65.00 and upwards depending on cut and trim. Seasonal quotes are available as well. If quote is required please email email@example.com and include address.